1. Oskar Blues- my first time there. On Friday, Jason (my luv) surprised me by biking like crazy to renew the tags on our car, then taking me for a drive along his favorite bike route. I had a salad; he had chicken fried steak. We ended the night on our rooftop (he has the only key), watching the sunset and over-sharing.
2. I went on an actual bike ride. We set out for the store for ice cream for J, and wound up pedaling for awhile. Boulder is beautiful on a bike trail, and I wasn't scared.
3. I met some of Jason's friends from his Upward Bound days. We were invited to a BBQ. Very nice, hospitable people, a bit quiet and reserved, which made me adjust down, closer to their speed. I met some women of color professors who teach at Naropa, and I was heartened that I could choose this path.
4. My grandma is a woman of faith, and a woman who believes in the power of Jesus to forgive all our sins and shortcomings. Her conversations always have some nugget of wisdom that helps me carry on.
5. My mother's continued generosity allows us luxury we desperately need to keep sane right now.
6. Seeing the sun shine over the mountains reminds me that there is a loving presence that exists all the time.